Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Ramblings of a crazy woman

Ok... I know I am not really crazy... but I figure today's post will cover a lot of things (ETA: ok maybe not a lot of things, I kind of ran out of steam).

First, clean up and recovery from Hurricane Katrina is still going on.  Many people have been evacuated from New Orleans but there is still 10,000 or so that they are going to force to leave.  Also, they are cleaning up in Mississippi and Alabama, many homes there are just piles of wood.  Yesterday I saw the most powerful Oprah.  She had a chance to look at things the way news organizations really don't.  I really hate to try to summarize, so I will just say I had a hard time not crying more then once.

It is interesting.  Because of this tragedy a lot of people say such-and-such happened... but it is not as bad as the people had it down there.  The other day some in the Twin Cities had their own flooding due to a storm, but said it is not a big deal, everyone is ok... not like what happened down there.  Things like this make you re-think your priorities.  Yes, there are some irreplacible items (with me and scrapbooking, pictures come to mind) but just the fact that I have a healthy and safe family, that is what matters.

And speaking of family, and to make this post a little lighter.  I am going to talk about my two precious "babies".  I took Jeffrey yesterday to get a haircut and he looks so cute.  She really cut a lot of hair off.  Jeff was so excited and Nick really liked it too.  Then, when we got home I gave him his backpack.  I think he would sleep with it if I let him!!  And good thing we had a second (smaller) backpack floating around because Samantha wanted to wear one too.  I will have to get a pic of the both of them later.  I think Samantha is really going to have a good time at daycare, too.

C-Ya!

No comments: