Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Just Do It!

Just Do it - Nike's famous ad campaign - is something we should remember in our daily lives. Yet I just cannot seem to follow that. If you got points for thinking about doing it, I would be the champion... but you don't. You get points for actually doing things in life. I find this is such a problem. I am lazy, and a procrastinator... and I know it... but how do I change it? Well, I could, like they say, just do it.. don't think, just do. But then why don't I?? Hmm... If I would just change that attitude I will have grown immensely.
One of my favorite quotes that I wrote is, "You can live in hope, but you cannot live on hope". Basically, you can have many hopes and dreams, but unless you do something about them, you will wither away.
It is sad... I know these things about myself.. but it does not help me. I have read enough self help books to know what to do.. but it does not help me. So, what is going to happen? Am I going to change and grow or sit in a dark corner and just exist????

On a lighter note, we saw ducks on our pond today. Jeffrey was so excited to see them.. he could have watched them all morning. I just could not believe that it was warm enough in the freezing water for them. I watched them keep bobbing for food (hopefully organisms and not the fish). That was fun to watch on this sunny day. Also, winter looks like it is on its way out!!! WOHOO!! I love the spring and cannot wait for it. This year both kids will be able to play outside and swim and run. I am hoping to finally do some swimming myself - especially after having LASEK eye surgery.
Samantha got to stop and see her brother at day care yesterday. Then last night she was just a goof ball. The kids are both at such a fun age. With Samantha, she is so cute the way she acts. And with Jeffrey, he is so cute with what he says. And his speech is really taking off. Now we are just waiting for Samantha to really start talking. I only hope she does not have the problems Jeffrey has.

And the next three weeks or so are very busy for Nick. I wish him luck with all the learning he is doing to better his company and himself. He has not been in a school-type setting in 11 years. And he even has to take a test when he does his realtor stuff!!

Wow, this is getting long... but I guess I have a lot on my mind. It was my friend's second anniversary yesterday - and that reminded me that it will be my 5th this year. I really hope we have the time and money to take a couple days just Nick and I and go away. Funny, this morning I was thinking how we should have a "sex and scrapbooking" retreat together!!! That would be tons of fun!!

Well, off to help another department.

C-ya!!

No comments: