Saturday, August 27, 2005

NASCAR

So, we are big NASCAR fans... especially Nick. We basically started watching the year we got married. This was the year before Earnhardt's crash & death and about the time the rules got more strict and the sport got more family friendly. I cannot say why I like NASCAR, though I am a sports fan in general (more football and basketball...). I mean, I do not have to catch every race... but with 36 (?) races, you are bound to miss one or two... but I do sure get into it when it gets closer to the end of the season. This is the second year of the "Chase for the Championship" - basically after 26 races, the top ten drivers compete to be the Champion. They also "erase" the points and give advantages in 5 point incriments.
Our favorite driver is Jeff Gordon.. though we also root for Jimmie Johnson.. and Chevy cars in general. Jeff is a 4 time champion. Last year in the chase he was 3rd (I think)... this year he is just trying to be in the chase.
Tonight's race was at Bristol, TN. Bristol is a very tough track because it is a half mile short track. Racing is tight, and most people leave Bristol with marks all over there car. Well, after some highs then lows Jeff finished 6th. This made him back in the chase in 10th place overall. Though the next two people are 11 and 12 points behind, respectively. Uggh!! It would be quite depressing if a 4 time champion would not be in the chase.
The good news is, everyone is predicting Jeff will be in the chase. The race tracks favor Jeff. So we will see.
And... if you cannot figure it out... my son's first and middle name is Jeffrey Gordon. Though, I thought of the name. Jeffrey because I liked the name and Gordon for my fil and his father. Though it does not hurt that he shares his name with our favorite driver!!

On another note... I got stuff done around the house today. Yippee!! I have more on my list for tomorrow... wish me luck!

C-Ya!

No comments: