Monday, August 29, 2005

MN State Fair

Well... I said I was not going to do it... but I did.  We went to the MN State Fair. 
Growing up this was never a tradition.  We went maybe a handful of times.  But ever since I have been w/ Nick we have gone almost every year. 

This was the first year for Samantha and Jeffrey's second year and I have to say... they probably had more fun then me.  Not to say it was not fun, but some of the excitement for me was watching them have fun.

We started out the day (at about noon)... let me back up... we started out the day at Target to get another lightweight stroller so each kid had one... then we got to the fair.  Our first stop was the corn booth... this is the place last year where Jeffrey had his first bite of fair food, so it was only fitting that Samantha have hers there (though Jeffrey did not want any really).  Next we headed towards the old machinery hill area.  This was where Jeffrey and Samantha got to be little farmers.  At the end of that they got to pick out a gift and got the little Serta counting sheep.  Next was over to the Kidway where they got to go on rides.  First off, they went on the race car ride and got to sit in a Jeff Gordon car.  Unfortunately, Samantha did not have as much fun.  Next Jeff went on some boat ride and then Jeff, Sam and I went on some plane ride.  Samantha was still scared but I held on to both of them to calm their fears.

After that we started to go in some buildings and eat some food.  I got to try the spaghetti and meatball on a stick.  Nick had the cheese curds.  We then went and got french fried and went over to the all you can drink milk booth.  There we filled up on chocolate milk.  Then over to the DNR building and we saw the fish.  Next we went back over to the buildings and machinery hill.  After that we started heading back to the car.

This meant we stopped back at the food building with a stop for Nick to get his cholestral checked.. and he got more cheese curds while I got to try the fudgepuppies.  Then we realized we had not been in the building with the butter heads of the Princess Kays... so over to there and some ice cream for Nick and the kids.  Then we headed back towards the car.  Jeffrey noticed the skyride and wanted to go so we all went on that.  Nick and I realized it is actually scarier when you are older because you worry more about the cables breaking.  Both the kids had fun with their birds eye view.  Off of that we stopped for a couple minutes at Heritage Square.. and then we headed home (at about 8:30pm).

Phew... both kids did not take a nap at all - so within 5 minutes of getting in the car they were both asleep.  Nick and I were worn out (especially me - I am still sore today).  And of course, I have tons of pics, but I need to download them still.

On another note... today is day 1 of the weight loss challenge.. and I probably did more walking then eating yesterday, so I think that helped.

C-Ya!

No comments: