Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Mandi

Mandi is my first dog.  She became my dog when I married Nick almost 5 years ago.  I met her 8 years ago when I first started dating him.  She is a yellow lab and has always been a good girl.  But I have never been able to give her much attention - and since she is (was) a hunting dog - you are not supposed to treat them like you do just a pet.  Anyways, she is getting old.  She is 14 1/2, and is going blind and deaf.  Because of this she has ran away three times this Spring.  You cannot actually call it running away.  She just starts sniffing and wanders off.  Now this is causing a dilemma for Nick.  What to do?  Should she just be put to sleep?

I really wish I knew the answer.  But as much as she is now my dog - she has always been Nick's dog.  And my father-in-law's dog.  She is their girl. 

And we have two other dogs at our house.  I am sure our other yellow lab, Mollie, will miss her buddy.
Poor Girly Girl! :(

C-Ya!



No comments: