Friday, August 31, 2007

Back to School!






Yea... can you tell I am counting down the days!!! Honestly, I don't know what it is, but lately it has not been fun to be a sahm. The kids are not listening to me and they are fighting with each other constantly. I am sure it does not help that we have had 2 types of weather, really hot or rainy (as of the past couple weeks for the rain) and have not been outside much. Today is actually nice but they have trashed this house so bad that I do not feel like letting them outside.
So next Thursday Jeffrey will start Kindergarten!! He will be going to school full time, riding the bus and wearing a uniform! We had his open house last night, he got to see his classroom (including where he is sitting - right across from someone he knows - Yay!) and his locker and check other things out. It was quite funny, we went to the new family event before the all school event and we were joking with those that we know because, while we are a new family to the school, we have been going to the church for awhile and know our way around and other parents and such.
Samantha will start preschool in a week!! This is her first foray into school and even though she denies it, I know she is excited. She was so jealous of Jeffrey going to preschool last year. We decided to have her go to the same school as Jeffrey (because Jeff went to the public school the last 2 years) and she will be in class with her "boyfriend". Of course this also means I can call her potty trained!! It has been over 2 weeks since she has had an accident and has attained all her goals - so she is going to get a day with Daddy soon and got her Dora underwear. We also got to see her room yesterday, but will have an official open house next week. And I even went into the bathroom with her to make sure she could do everything and she can.
So I am looking forward to next week. I will actually have 2 1/2 hrs of me time 3 days a week... well at least till the baby is born!!
C-Ya!!

No comments: