Thursday, October 05, 2006

...before your Dad gets home.

I find myself saying to my kids to "do such-and-such before your Dad gets home". And after saying that for the 5 billionth time, I have come to a realization. Mom's (and Dad's if the Mom is the sole "provider") sometimes say this, not because the Dad will get mad if it isn't done, more that Moms want a "threat" that works.
Can you tell it has been a stressful day with the kids?
Right now I am trying to get them to clean up their toys.. and of course I want it done before Nick gets home because that gives them a deadline. He is so tired and stressed with work, he doesn't notice the messes as much.
I know how I am going to feel that day based on if the kids wake me up or not. This morning, they woke me up and were already driving me nuts.
And of course they had their daily fight that results in a double time out.

For the first time in my life, I am truly feeling stress.

*sigh*

C-Ya!

1 comment:

Aussie Wendy said...

Only for the first time you are feeling stress? And you already have kids? Then I say lucky you!

I feel it all the time. Like now for instance.


Cheers
Wendy