Friday, September 16, 2011

Opening night TONIGHT!

Wow, I cannot believe it, after all the hard work we have opening night tonight for 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz'.
I remember hearing about the show earlier this summer.  Initially I thought, that would something fun for me to do.  Then I realized this was something the 2 older kids and I could do together.  Well Jeffrey didn't want to do it (he isn't a big fan of Oz) but Samantha was all over the idea of being in a play.  I had not been in a play since I was in high school and was in plays at school and musicals at the temple, but I remembered how much I loved it.  Well we auditioned and Samantha got cast as a munchkin and a field mouse, I got cast as a munchkin and a winkie.  Starting the beginning of August we practiced 2-3 times a week.  While sometimes the practices were tiring and sometimes I came home sore (moving a house can do that to you!), I also have had such a blast.  Honestly being a parent can sometime be hard, but at practice I could be Melissa (there wasn't much parenting I had to do for Samantha when we were at practice).  This week has been tech week and anyone who has ever done a play knows how much work it is; now, after all that hard work it is SHOWTIME!  Last night we had our final dress rehearsal and it seemed to go well, I am hoping that tonight is even better.

So to everyone in the cast, BREAK A LEG!  And thank you for all the fun!

C-Ya!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Thank YOU! for makin this one of the most memorable roles I will ever play! -Dorothy

agent713 said...

I think it's awesome that you're able to enjoy some "adult" time AND some mother daughter bonding at the same time. Break a leg!!!