Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Irene

I cannot grasp the idea of a hurricane.
Now before I go on, I do agree with the severity. I truly hope everyone out there has taken the precautions neccessary in the wake of this hurricane. This sounds like it will be quite the disaster.
That said... I was born in Minnesota and have lived here all my life. I have never been in a hurricane or an earthquake. I have never had to board up my house or evacuate 50+ miles to get away from a weather event. We have tornadoes in Minnesota, and while some of come close to me, I have never been in one.
I cannot imagine what many of my friends are going through right now, just like I couldn't imagine all those years ago with Hurricane Katrina.
I will be praying for all of you on the East Coast, please listen to officials and stay safe.

C-Ya!

No comments: