Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Absence of a Dream

Off and on I, like I am sure a lot of you, have read one or more of those self help books. Right now I have started "Unlimited" by Jillian Michaels. I thought since she fascinates me on "The Biggest Loser" I would give this book a whirl. And it has an online worksheet (http://www.jillianmichaels.com/unlimited) that you can answer questions after every chapter. Unfortunately I am thinking soon I am going to hit a roadblock. See in chapter 2 it starts talking about having specific dreams and visions for you life and the basics to visualizing it.
But what do you do if you don't have a specific dream? I mean yea, there are things I would like to do before I die ("bucket list") and there are dreams I have for my kids (but they are really not something I have an impact on, per se)... But I cannot think of a specific dream for myself. It is like when I try to sit and think about that my mind goes blank. Of course I have general dreams like living forever (well a very long time) and being financially comfortable, but really, don't we all?
*sigh* Even Nick seems to have some dreams, but those are his dreams... I need some of my own.
Has anyone ever felt like that? Any ideas on how to fix this?

C-Ya!

No comments: