Wednesday, March 07, 2007

SS Blog Challenge: One Word

Here is this week's challenge:

Have you ever tried to describe yourself in one word? One word that sort of sums up who you are, what makes you tick, what sets you apart. It's not as easy as you think.
As women, we need to spend more time recognizing and celebrating the talents and positive traits we've been adorned with. Whether we're suburban upper-middle class moms or urban, poor, living-the-moment teens - we all have one thing in common: we're beautiful women with amazing talents, unbridled potential... and we're fabulous, baby. Fabulous. Go ahead.
Describe yourself with one word. Then ask three other people to describe you, too. Celebrate yourself. I dare you!

Funny... a long time ago we had to go around the room and say one word that would describe ourselves, starting with the first letter in your first name. So after thinking I introduced myself as Multi-talented Melissa. To this day I many times use the word Multi-talented to describe myself and that is why the byline of this blog is: Journey to being multi-talented. Why did I use it and why do I still use it today? Well originally I thought of it because I was in high school and was involved in A LOT of things, whether it be sports-related, academically-related, or other organizations. I choose to wear many hats and therefore called myself multi-talented. As I have gotten older I have cut back on my hats in some respects but have gained others; mainly wife, mother, home owner and the like. I still like to use this word to describe myself, though like the blog says.. I still feel like I am on this journey to get that way. My father likes to talk about how he is a generalist. Basically he knows a little about a lot of things, and I am the same way. In a way, this is a sign of being multi-talented to me.
What one word would you use to describe me? Feel free to comment. Thanks!


And in that vain, I have posted more layouts on my scrapbooking blog -
empress4cmc.blogspot.com Enjoy!

C-Ya!

No comments: